Hotel Hershey Review

Hotel Hershey Review

100 Hotel RoadHersheyPA 17033
1 of 23 hotels in Hershey


Rating

excellent: 501 Peoples
very well: 120 Peoples
satisfactory: 47 Peoples
deficient: 27 Peoples
insufficient: 33 Peoples

Hotel Hershey Review From Visitors

dtothesecondpow

Apex, North Carolina


"Beautiful, but needs updating."

We had heard that one needs to know that this place if you. Hershey And exterior of the hotel is great, with a fantastic view of all of Hershey. So if nothing else, on the second floor porch and go on foot, and the view of the city. As I said, it was such a disappointment not to see the care performed in this beautiful building. There were huge water spots in the round dining room as well as the Spanish designed courtyard fountain. The windows looked original but the joints around the windows had to be replaced in. Just a few small things. The impression that the Grand Hotel Hershey has seen the flowering period, and it is no longer


lauraa072
London, Großbritannien


"Nice Place"

We stayed at the Hotel Hershey for 2 days and 1 night in maritime "summer pastures". The staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel is well appointed and comfortable. The restaurants are good, but not great. the service is so, but it's probably also hard to find much help in this area. We had an ok dinner at Trevi 5 - was the food was bland. The breakfast buffet is was in the round dining room fine but not exceptional, I wish I had already ordered the regular menu. I had a facial at the spa. I was disappointed with the service. The spa was tired and worn out (the wallpaper, upholstered furniture stained glass etc). The waiting time the rooms were small and the furniture were not comfortable. The technician made ​​me feel like a newcomer, because it is me splashed with water every time they use the sink, they do not cover not my hair, not the experience I was hoping for. All in all, the place is nice and it is a good for a short break - you do not expect to eat great and an incredible spa. They have a little of everything and it's good, but not great.



Athena732
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania


"An expensive Thanksgiving travel"

This was my third time in Hershey, I once in the spa with my wife and father have once been the park with my husband. I have really enjoyed the spa and we wanted a little time away with my husband on Thanksgiving of family drama, so we. Thanksgiving at the Hotel Hershey for 3 nights

ROOMS:
tiny. I have stayed in many hotels, and I spend a significant amount of money for a hotel, I think I'm expecting something more. The room was similar to what is known in Europe, I am only in Hershey ... The reception was so close to the bed where I. hardly pull the chair, I had to so I would not even about the bathroom The bathroom was tiny, we had a lot of film, and you will not be knocked down by the door when you leave /. My elbow often knocked on the roll of toilet paper because it's so close to the toilet. There was no thermostat, the temperature of the room exactly a challenge.

Restaurants in the hotel:
We had Thanksgiving dinner (we had booked 2 months in advance) in one of the ballrooms for the dining rounds. The service was fine, the food was very good. We had to pay for twice the money, we were well and I had to correct and show the waitress it was only two of us. We had brunch on Sunday in the round dining room and it was very nice, though. Many repetitions of Thanksgiving It was not until early brunch to 12, which was a bit weird. That it would be time to even discuss the lunch not brunch. However, the service was excellent. Trevi 5 had good food, but the service was not very good. The service in the bar lounge was good, she was very attentive. At the end of the trip we had heard of the restaurants but harvest. They were very expensive, especially the alcohol (unless you pay $ 12 for a martini). The service would not expect anything special for brunch, so I would recommend brunch at the round dining room.

HOTEL SHOPPING:
There are several small shops off the lobby. The Spa shop is very expensive, you expect for $ 20 and a bottle of sunscreen. Most of the gifts are quite expensive (we paid $ 20 for an ornament, I have one just like it from another hotel and have $ 10 paid)., But this is an expensive hotel, so I guess I should have expected it

HOTEL SPA:
The spa is great, and the main reason why I'm back in Hershey. We had planned one day spa treatments and any time spent waiting in the quiet room with muffins and hot chocolate. The only complaint that I get there, is that it really, really full to a point and there is not more quiet. I do not know if I would be the cocoa beans Poland again, it was a scrub (I bought a small bottle in the Spa Shop) they have on you and wash it then, so anything that I honestly do not even .. . the massage was excellent, as was the hydrotherapy. My husband said one of the people that was in him very talkative, I had a similar person who was just too friendly. But. The girl who was my great massage

Personnel:
The people are nice enough, they say hello in the hall, but I can not say, except maybe during brunch. This is the only place where I can say that the staff out to me. The women in the jewelry and candy shop were friendly, but we were not even recognized in other shops as Christmas shop.

Hotel shuttle bus:
The hotel offers a shuttle service to the parks / Chocolate World. Chocolate World opened at 21 clock, when we were there, the park opened on 12 I do not know if the shuttle was 11 at Chocolate World, because we began to wait at 10:30 clock, and nobody came to 11, followed by 20 minutes for waiting. Overall, it took an hour to get there as the park so close that you can see it. On the way back to the hotel, it is not quite as long, the shuttle is very close to the entrance to the park so that was a plus's.

Hershey ATTRACTIONS:
Hershey Park turns into "Candy Lane" for Christmas. I have been to the park in the summer, and there I would recommend vs. during the regular season, in the winter. I found it very disappointing. Half of the park is closed, but open most of the rides are just kids so maybe if you had children be happy. There are some shops like Christmas but it's nothing special, I wish we had were still in the dark, because there is a kind of Christmas lights, we did not know. I was just by how little surprised. I've been to places like Six Flags for Halloween and there are usually Halloween related trips or activities, I was expecting the same, but in Christmas theme. really the only difference was a few Christmas shops, some decorations and Santa. Otherwise no difference (well, fewer trips).

Chocolate World was completely open, which is always a nice experience. It was incredibly busy, what I expected.

The Drive-thru Christmas Lighting was nice, we took our own Christmas music to listen to.

The Hershey story was okay, it's just a small museum about Milton Hershey. The hotel offers free tickets and it is was worth the trip.

Hershey Gardens, do not pay to come here. after the fall. The hotel offers free tickets here and the flowers are dead I have been to Longwood Gardens in winter, and it was still nice, because there are many indoor / greenhouse areas are. Hershey Gardens has not, so all you can see is a lot of brown nothing. I can not understand why this place is open by October.

OUTSIDE of the park / hotel:
We are to the outlets of the Black Friday and in the evening it was not so bad. I think many people have done, because we find some good deals. I would recommend the Devon Seafood Grill, which was my favorite restaurant in Hershey. The food and the service was fantastic and about the same price as the restaurants. I loved this place, I want one near where I live!

Overall, I was disappointed. This is an expensive hotel, and I had the feeling that I would be better if you stayed in the lodge or in any other place, because really no advantage here is on a different place. You can visit the hotel, spa and restaurants without a stay at the hotel. Yes, it is to be practical on the spot but most places in Hershey are very close together and it is not far to get anywhere. clear, I have no problem with charge in a nice hotel, but the hotel offers nothing special. I was really disappointed.


AMA411
Glen Rock, New Jersey



"A Thanksgiving pleasure"

This was the first time or in the Hotel Hershey. It was only for Thanksgiving night. The rest of the weekend they were fully booked. The hotel is beautiful, the room size is ok, the bathroom is a bit small, but not for the amount of money that we paid for one night. I think $ 225 - $ 259 is the correct amount. We were in a 5 star resort for less money per night and got the same amount of friendly service. Cirrcular the dining room was very nice, and the Trevi 5 was fine. It would be better if she dishes a little more food on the starter. We would love to come back next year if they provide a quote with Hershey Candy Lane and Zoo America with an overnight stay.

Hotel Hershey Photos








Share this article :
 

Post a Comment

 
Support :
Copyright © 2011. Hotels and Travelling Guide - All Rights Reserved